World-Class Acting Training Right Here in Salt Lake held by Linda Bearman! This 5-hour voiceover workshop is designed to acclimate the newcomer as well as up the game of the seasoned VO artist. Linda Bearman, VO coach and veteran of the industry guides artists through breaking into the business, finding your niche, seeing what it really takes to make a great demo and how to market yourself, plus much more. Join us and get your VO career on track!
Saturday, Sept 14th from 11am to 4pm
Black Box Studio 740 W. 1700 S., Suite 5
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Sign up here!
Interested in traveling abroad this summer? Join Gotoco in China to gain a TEFL certificate and useful work experience in teaching, education and activity leadership. No prior experience in China, Chinese or teaching is required—just a passion for education and travel.
All FREE and FUNDED:
- earn a TEFL certificate (Teaching of English as a Foreign Language)
- explore China and its diverse culture
- learn some Mandarin, and take part in fun cultural exchange activities
- gain valuable work experience and references
- begin a summer of backpacking across Asia
- give Chinese students the chance to experience a new style of teaching
- see stunning scenery, including the Karst mountains around Yangshuo, Guangxi
- check our website for more information: http://www.go-to.com
*We hope to boost the number of BYU students taking part this year, so they are reserving 10 positions for any students that apply with this link: http://www.go-to.co/apply-now/?reserved_for=byu
**Gotoco is a social enterprise focused on boosting a broad range of cultural exchange and exploration opportunities between China and the West. One of our main projects is our annual China Summer Camp TEFL Teaching project. This is a FREE and FUNDED opportunity offered to 500 students per year from across the US, Canada, and the UK. All participants on this program are provided with free TEFL certification, meals, accommodation, beginner Chinese lessons and a 5-day tour of our base in the beautiful mountains of Yangshuo – a small town not far from the Vietnamese border. This is an excellent way to undertake useful work experience while exploring a fascinating country.
***On a summer program in China you will teach English or lead outdoor activities to help Chinese students (usually from 7-16 years of age) grow in confidence, develop their language skills and foster soft skills which will be invaluable to them throughout their life. You will receive TEFL training online prior to departure, and will work towards your TEFL certificate during your time in China, with the time you spend in the classroom building up your teaching experience. These skills will be extremely useful in any career you wish to purse, and an understanding of Chinese culture will be vital to your international career.
For more info, please check out the following website: www.go-to.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dearest TMA Students,
We hope the end of your semesters are treating you well! Before classes break for Spring/Summer, we wanted to make you aware of some exciting classes offered in our department.
Do you want to learn how to teach acting and other theatre skills? Check out the following!
- TMA 276 (Explorations of Teaching): This is an introductory class for teaching theatre—not just for public schools, but for theatre companies or conservatories. If you’ve EVER thought about teaching as a part of your art form (acting, design, directing, critical theory, etc.), this is the class for you! Please message Kris Jennings for instructions on how to register for this class.
- TMA 315 R Sec 009 (Acting Pedagogy) Are you a director who wants more tools when working with actors? Are you an actor who wants to explore more skills in your art? Will you ever teach acting to students or actors? This highly participatory class focuses on exploring different acting teachers and their methods.
We also offer these classes for students in any major. Some pre-reqs may be required. Click on the links below for class description.
For further questions or instructions on registering, please feel free to email email@example.com
Best of luck with the end of the semester!!
I am looking to hire some students. I will be releasing a music video for Mother’s Day and hoping to get some students that would be excited to be part of a project like this.
I am specifically looking for choreographers, graphic design (branding), makeup and fashion artists. Is there anyone you think that would be interested in this and advertise it around your department?