What do you want to be?
Theater critic for a major magazine?
Arts editor at a leading news site?
Photo editor at a cultural publication?
Pop music writer and critic for an alternative weekly?
Arts producer for a leading television network?
Communications expert working for a major arts festival, film festival, museum, opera company, or performing arts center?
Goldring Arts Journalism Program offers a 12-month intensive master’s degree at the renowned S.I. Newshouse School of Public Communications in Syracuse, New York. The rigorous program includes graduate seminars in cultural reporting and criticism, visual and digital communication skills, media law, cultural studies and the literature of journalism; media internships in Manhattan and Upstate New York; and professional publication.
Goldring fellowships are available, made possible by the generosity of Lola Goldring.
Application deadline is January 15, 2019.
For more information or to apply, go the following website: http://artsjournalism.syr.edu.
|Standard Hours per Week||40|
|Full Time or Part Time?||Full Time|
|Shift||Day; Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm|
|Department||00335 – KUER|
|City||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Type of Recruitment||External Posting|
|Pay Rate Range||$31,600/yr. – $58,400/yr.|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Job Summary||On-air radio host responsible for announcing programs of local interest.|
|Responsibilities||Write, voice and produce/mix on-air content, including program/development promos and on-air fundraising features. Write and post web content. May deliver weather and write and anchor daily newscasts. May be responsible for technical direction of a radio program.|
|Minimum Qualifications||Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, or a related field, and one year of previous professional experience in the news field or equivalency. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills and an understanding of Public Radio and radio broadcasting required.|
Looking for a job? Love writing? Think you can share you super awesome skills with your peers? Even better, want to get credit for working? Check out this great job opportunity as a writing tutor for the Research & Writing Center as well as Writing Fellows. Application deadline is November 5. To learn more or to apply, click here.
Casting Call – *Paid*
$50 per Video (1-3 hrs)
(1-3 Days a Week)
For Kids Youtube Channels, we need more actors!
-Looking for Female or Male actors from ages 19-40
-Can Improv on a subject
To apply, click here.
The Media Arts Lab currently has a number of student job openings and we are looking for Media Arts Students to fill them. Here are the jobs we are looking to fill:
MAL Access Student Manager
- Assist the Media Arts Administrator in managing the Media Arts Labs
- Create Agenda and Minutes for the Media Arts Lab Meetings
- Manage door access to labs
- May be asked to work at Checkout or FSSS
- Good organization skills needed
- Ability to follow-up and complete tasks as asked
HFAC Checkout Attendant
- Attend to students checking out equipment at the HFAC Media Arts Checkout
- Organize and maintain film equipment
- Train students on equipment
- Must have a good knowledge of film equipment – Able to repair a plus
- Looking for someone with great customer service skills
- NOTE: we are specifically looking for someone who could work Saturdays from 9am-12pm as well as other hours during the week
High End Editing Lab Assistant
- Maintain the High-End Editing Lab and Open Lab computers and servers.
- Maintain the department DIT kits
- Computer support for students using editing stations
- Must have a good knowledge of editing systems and computers. Networking experience would be a plus.