The deadline to be considered for Summer 2018 is October 13, 2017.
The National Playwrights Conference is led by Artistic Director Wendy C. Goldberg. The Conference supports playwrights during the creation and development of new play projects. Authors of the selected works will be awarded a residency for the month of July 2018, including an intensive rehearsal process and two staged, script-in-hand public readings. A stipend, housing, meals, and transportation are provided for each writer selected for this month-long residency.
2018 National Playwrights Conference Submission Details
- Applicants may submit scripts through the O’Neill’s Open Submissions Process Wednesday, September 13, 2017 through Friday, October 13, 2017
- Early submissions are strongly encouraged
- Plays of any length or genre are eligible; however, to be included in the Conference, the work must remain unproduced through July 31, 2018
- No agent is required
- Both electronic and hard copy applications are accepted
- The submission fee is $35 USD and covers the costs of the process
For more information, visit theoneill.org.
Fiction Podcast Competition
Do you already have a script? Consider it and ask yourself: is this a great story? If it is, then take the time to tweak it for our new Fiction Podcast Script Competition. With the recent success of podcasts like Homecoming, Limetownor Welcome to Night Vale, the world of fiction podcasts is gaining traction. Whether you submit with us or not, getting your script ready for this medium is only going to help your career!
As with all of our competitions, we’ll focus the judging criteria on story: plot, structure, characters, dialogue and concept, while additionally taking into consideration the elements of storytelling that are unique to a purely acoustic medium. Submit your fiction podcast!
Do you want a staged reading of your play in front of an audience including industry professionals already in attendance at the Conference? This competition is open to full-length stage plays and gives playwrights a chance to explore our film and television conference. Submit your play today!
At this year’s Conference we will continue our Playwriting Track AND we will introduce a Podcast Track!
Screenplay, Teleplay & Scripted Digital Series Regular Deadline is April 20th!
For more information about our other competitions visit: austinfilmfestival.com/submit
Call for Papers
Life, the Universe, & Everything 46: The Mario K. “Doc” Smith Symposium on Science Fiction and Fantasy is looking for 40-minute papers for the 2018 conference.
We are especially interested in papers in the following areas:
• Literary criticism/ analysis of works by our guest of honor, Todd McCaffrey, or of the Pern series in general.
• Science and technology ( especially new or unusual)
• Serious analysis of sf&f in cinema, television, radio, and other media
• Analysis of sf &f relating to poetry or theatre
• Critical analysis of the narrative, aesthetic, and thematic elements of sf&f video games
• Mormon culture, literature, and society in relation to sf&f
Submit full papers for consideration to LTUE-Academics, c/o Marny Parkin, 1063 JFSB, Provo, UT 84602 or email electronic submissions as RTF files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name, phone number, street address, and email address on cover sheet. Papers submitted without contact information will not be considered. Student papers welcome. Please see ltue.net for more information.
Papers must be submitted no later than October 1, 2017.
Accepted papers may be published in the Proceedings volume at a later date.
The Rookies has officially launched and we are taking submissions. This is a great opportunity for your students to win paid internships, prizes and scholarships. It’s free to enter and we don’t use students work for commercial gains.
This year’s categories are: Animation, Film Production, Graphic Design, Illustration, Industrial Design, Motion Graphics, Next-Gen Gaming, Photography, Visual Effects, Virtual Reality and Web & Mobile.
Film of the Year:
Visual Effects, Animation, Film Production
Game of the Year:
Next-Gen Gaming, Virtual Reality. Web & Mobile
School of the Year
Open for Submissions – NOW!
29 May 2017 – Submissions Close
7 July 2017 – Winners Announced
To enter: http://www.therookies.co/register/