Holi, Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork March 30-31, 2019
Performing Artists: Samadhi Vibrations, Luminaries Aakansha Maheshwari, Bollypop, Johanna Beekman, Joss Jaffe, Mystic Prophets, and more…
Free Tickets to Whoever Tags the Most
Good til November 15: we are offering a special 30% early bird discount on all purchases: admissions, colors, t shirts, buffs, bandanas, beads, etc. Use Code HOLI108 to Save!!
PLEASE PASS THE WORD!!
COME ENJOY THE FUN!!!
New GAME SHOW: Battle of The Ages
Needing people to be in the audience attending the show live taping. Ages 10 and over are WELCOMED!!! *This is a non-paying event!
Battle of The Ages is a comedic game show that pits two families from multiple generations against each other to battle it out in a game of fun challenges based on trivia and themes from selected eras.
Teams of THREE family members area IDEALLY made up of Teens, Parents, Grandparents, but we will also consider Aunts, Uncles, Cousins as long as there is at least one member from each generation represented!
Taping 2 episodes a day at BYU in Provo.
Please email : email@example.com
Visit Utah ACTORS at: http://utahactors.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
Coming Home: A Christmas Story, a BYU award-winning play, will be performed on December 10 in the Provo Library Ball Room at 7pm. The production is free. George King wrote the script and lyrics and C. Michael Perry wrote lyrics and music (both are BYU Alumnus). We hope you have the chance to come enjoy!
A group of BYU Alumni are gathering stories of missionaries successfully reaching the hearts of people. With the encouragement of the Missionary Department of the Church, we are sharing these stories with missionaries in the field on a Facebook page and group. Our hope is that by sharing these successful stories of reaching the hearts of people, missionaries will have more success and will in turn share their stories of success.
We need your help right away to narrate these missionary stories and readings. They are short, usually 1-2 minutes long. They are found in written form on a google doc for the Facebook page and group. They need to be narrated to be more effective. Each piece on the google doc that needs to be narrated begins with Story or Reading in red. You can click on it and the piece will come up. We will pay $15 for each accepted narration, (except for the short cloud narrations-$10) up to a maximum of 15 stories or readings per actor/actress. There are approximately 80 such narrations or readings needed. You can probably record yourself narrating your 15 stories or readings in a couple of hours. Here is how it works.
- We need both genders, and we need the gender to correspond with the express or implied designation of the story. If there is no such designation, we would like it narrated by a woman.
- We would like you to intersperse your narrations among the various topics so we don’t have your narrations one story or reading right after another.
- Sign up alongside the fifteen stories or readings you want to do by providing your name and contact information of your email and address, as a comment on the google doc. (Click on Insert and then Comment.) Two people cannot sign up for the same story or reading. And do not narrate video stories since we already have the audio for them.
- Read aloud the story or reading you are going to record a few times until you can say it with conviction and feeling. Please read it naturally, as if you were talking to a person near you. Don’t read it in a hurry. Do NOT read the summary to the Stories, nor the title to the Stories, but YES read the summary or title to the Readings, and read the name or description of the author at the end, which is what Ken Burns does.
- Then record it in a quiet place and attach it as a link. (Click on Insert and then Link.)
- You can simply record your audio on your smart phone. Or you can record a selfie on your smart phone—don’t worry about the video portion, just the audio which is all we will use. Either way, you will need to post your recording somewhere, perhaps your Facebook page or YouTube channel, and provide a link to it on the google doc.
- If a narration isn’t accepted we will let you know and will open the story or reading up for others to sign up for.
- We will send you a check for your accepted recordings.
Feel free to call or text us if you have any questions: Von Packard Cell: (650) 279-7370 or Professor Dennis Packard Cell: (801) 369-4032.
Thank you for your help! This will assist missionaries around the world.